Thursday, December 18, 2008

Awitan

After weeks of hard work and practice, finally, the day for Awitan came. And it was a very hectic day for me.

It started off with our CWTS class. I arrived earlier than I expected. So to make my time useful, I decided to review for my Math 55 and Math 114 exams. It was already past eight when the officers arrived. We all thought that we were going to rappel. But instead, the group who already knows how to do the Aussie Walk was asked to be the audience at the program by the UP Vanguard at the Quezon Hall while the other group would do the Aussie Walk. It was our group who already did the Aussie Walk. So we went to the Quezon Hall and watched the program and we all enjoyed it. An hour and a half before our exam in Math 55, me, Jelo, Kyle, Dondon, Anna, and the ones who had exams, left and went to the Math Building. Before the exam, me, Jelo, Kyle and Dondon went to the canteen and ate lunch. After eating, we went to our classroom and waited for the exam to start.

After the exam, the others left while I stayed behind for my Math 114 exam. I met with Karlo, Hazel, Carl and Krisha at the canteen. Before the exam, me, Hazel, and Chet decided that by 5 PM, we should all be finished with our exams. The three of us finished by four o' clock. The three of us left and met with Denise and we all went to SM City North Edsa.

When we arrived, me and Hazel first ate, then went to the fourth floor open parking for the last practice. Then we all went to cinema 6 to register and change into our costume.

At around seven thirty, the contest finally started. We were the seventh to perform. Some of the performers before us sang very well. And then it was our turn. Our performance of Ikaw Lang Ang Mamahalin was not that bad. But our performance of Jingle Bells Calypso was a mess. The first note of soprano one was wrong. And I saw that Gigi's eyes widened at the sound of it. And aside from that, we all sang very fast. So it was a complete mess.

In the end, IE Club won, followed by CIEM and Cursor. For me, it was alright that we didn't win. What is important is that we had fun.

0 comments: